THE QURAN CLUB
‘Feeding Hearts, Inspiring Souls’
Al-Quran Club is focussed on teaching recitation of Quran for children aged between 5 to 16 years in a segregated and supportive environment, consistent with Islamic teachings with our team of qualified and experienced teachers.
Our curriculum is rigorous, and begins with learning to read and memorise the Arabic alphabet through to proficiency in reading and recitation of The Quran. Those students who demonstrate exceptional ability to memorise Quran are also given the opportunity to progress into our Tahfeedh (memorisation) with Sheikh Amr El Alimy. We have a strong focus on correct pronunciation, known as Tajweed, ensuring that our children will learn to read the Quran as it should be read In sha’Allah.
The Quran Club runs from Monday to Thursday, for the whole year between 5.30PM and 7PM. Although it is recommended that children attend for all sessions, staff understand that children have other commitments. Please discuss with the teachers at the Club if you wish your child to attend on certain days and times.
The Qur’an Club closes for the last 10 days of Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha. Parents will be informed of closure dates in advance.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Minimum age requirement for the students attending Qur’an Club is 6 years. Children must be able to go the toilet and clean themselves independently. Under 6 years old children will admitted on a month-by-month basis until the teachers are satisfied that they are old enough to attend and benefit from classes. Children under 6 can be removed from the Madrassa.
2. Dress Code: Students are required to adhere and uphold Islamic rules pertaining to dress code. Students will not be allowed to attend class unless the dress code is fully followed. Inadequate attire/ dress will result in the parent being called in and asked to take their child/ren home
2.1 GIRLS: Girls must wear an Islamic dress consisting of Hijab and loose fitting clothes covering down to their ankles. (No tight Jeans, Tracksuits, Pyjamas or Leggings)
2.2 BOYS: Boys must wear a prayer hat and loose fitting clothes. (No tight Jeans, Shorts, Tracksuits)
Qur’an Club Times:
Monday to Thursday 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm (1.30 Hours)
- Students arriving 15 minutes late will not be allowed to attend until 5:30pm, unless the admin is informed in advance. Early pick-up and drop-off needs to arranged with the head teacher.
- In the event of students being absent from Qur’an Club or requesting permission for leave, parents are requested to provide a letter to support the reason for absence.
- In the event of frequent lateness or absences, parents will be requested to meet with the Head Teacher; continuous absence without prior notice may lead to loss of the child’s place.
- Students are required to display a high level of obedience, good conduct and good behaviour at all times. Any misconduct or bad behaviour may lead to loss of the child’s place.
- Disobedient and disruptive students will be dealt with according to Qur’an clubs Discipline. (Please refer to Disciplinary measures – request a copy from the office).
- In the event of the Qur’an receiving repeated complaints about students, Qur’an Club will have no alternative but to reallocate the child’s place.
- In the event of any damages made to property, the parents/guardians will compensate for damages/losses, etc. class time no meeting slots are available.
- Please do not bring your child too early to the Qur’an Club as we can take no responsibility for children arriving more than 10 minutes before the Qur’an Club starts. We can take no responsibility 10 minutes after the class has finished; repeated incidences of being late to collect your child will lead to parents being called and may lead to loss of the child’s place.
- All new students will receive a bag, Qa’ida set or Qur’an (either a Qa’ida set or Quran will be issued not both. If you require both, additional payment will be required).
- From time to time, parents will receive letters pertaining to their child. These will be sent home with your children. Some of these letters will require the parents to sign and return to their teacher as acknowledgement of receipt.
- Please note eating or drinking is not allowed during the class. Please check your child bag before he/she leaves the house.
If you wish to discuss any matters including complaints, please request a meeting with the head teacher at convenient time.
Students should bring their own Qur’an/ Qa’ida, exercise book, pencil, bag and any other material the Qur’an Club originally provided. The Qur’an Club will not be responsible to provide equipment after he/she has been enrolled, please remember your child may miss their class if they attend without their equipment.
No mobile phones or any other handheld electrical device, toys or any games are allowed in Qur’an Club. Should any child be found with these items, they will be confiscated, and parents will need to arrange a time with admin to collect the item. Qur’an Club holds no responsibility if your child brings in an item and then loses it.
Parents need to inform the Qur’an Club 1 week in advance if they wish to take their child/ren on holiday. An Authorised Absence Form (AAF) needs to be completed and authorisation received from the head teacher. If no AAF is handed in and the child is absent for 10 days consecutively, he/she may lose their place.
Once an AAF is approved all fees need to be up to date.
If the child is absent for 10 consecutive days without prior notice or the parent has not informed Qur’an Club the child may lose their place in Qur’an Club without any notice and all deposits or fees will be forfeited.
FEE POLICY: (Admission fee, monthly fee and waiting list policy)
- Total fees for each child is £780 per year and fees are charged on a monthly basis of £65 per month equivalent to £15 per week per child to be paid via direct debit. Cash or cheques will only be accepted if the payment date has elapsed.
- All fees are to be paid in advance on a monthly basis via direct debit. If the fee is not paid within a week from the due date, the child may lose their place in Qur’an Club. A surcharge of £10.00 per child will be payable to allow the child to join the class again. If the fee remains outstanding for more than 4 weeks, the child will be excluded from class.
- If you have financial hardship and you find it hard to make full fee payment, please contact us in writing explaining your circumstances. We will review your application and we may be able to offer you some reduction in your monthly fees. Each application will be dealt with on a case-to-case basis by our admin team.
- Families going on holiday are expected to give written notification and are required to make full payment in advance before leave of absence is granted. If no prior notification is received your child will lose their place in Al-Qur’an Club and your deposit will be forfeited.
- If your child requires time off for studies and wishes to return to Qur’an Club after exams/revision, all fees need to be paid in full before absence can be authorised and their place retained.
2. Admission Fee:
An admission fee of £30 per child is payable for all new students at the time of enrolment. Please note there is no discount in admission fee.
3. Re-Admission Fee:
Please note if your child has been excluded for any reason and you wish to re-start their studies, a re-admission fee of £30 needs to be paid.
4. Holding Fee
- 4.1 All new students must pay one-month advance payment.
- 4.2 Parents are required to give Four weeks’ notice (16 teaching days) in writing if they wish to withdraw their child from Al-Qur’an Club. Children must attend Al-Qur’an Club during the notice period.
- 4.3 If your child is excluded from Al-Qur’an Club for any reason your Holding fee will be forfeited.
5. Waiting List:
- 5.1 If all places are full, we will add you our waiting list. Please note having your child’s name in the waiting list is not a guarantee that your child will definitely get the place in Qur’an Club.
- 5.2 Please note we maintain a waiting list and charge £10 as administration cost per child for keeping them waiting list, waiting list fee is non-refundable/non-adjustable. This is additional service we provide to facilitate our community. As soon as any place becomes available, the child from the waiting list will be offered the place in Al-Qur’an Club and a Admission Fee of £30.00 within 3 days will be payable to secure the place.
|Admission Fee:||£30.00 per child||Non-Refundable|
|Re-Admission Fee:||£30.00 per child||Non-Refundable|
|Waiting List Fee:||£10.00 per child||Non-Refundable|
|Holding Fee:||60.00 per child||Non-Refundable|
Like any organisation that has contact or works with children and vulnerable adults, The Hub ensures that those people are properly cared for and protected. This is particularly so for places of worship and faith group users who are often unique amongst other organisations, because of the inclusion of adults and children together in close proximity and the need to address issues for both the abused and the abuser.
Places of worship and most faith communities open their doors to everyone and they can be called upon to help at anytime, particularly in a crisis. Usually leaders will know what to do but sometimes expert guidance is needed particularly where children and vulnerable adults are involved. So it is vital that leaders and workers are trained to know how to work confidently and effectively with vulnerable children, young people and adults including when an allegation of abuse or a concern arises.
The Hub has a safeguarding policy and manual which covers the needs of children (in law, those under 18 years) and vulnerable adults in places of worship and other organisations. This manual is available to view upon request.
We strive to provide children with the best resources, teachers and environment where they can learn to read the glorious Quran. We want to inspire children so they will learn their religion enthusiastically.
Aims of the Quran School Curriculum:
Develop children’s ability to recite the Quran with Tajweed. Nurture moral and spiritual values of Taqwa, kindness, respect and patience.
Please have a look at some of the events that take place at the Hub Club. We will always update this page with new videos.